Ask me anything about ZenCash, crypto mining, or anything else!
The Reddit AMA should be here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ZenSys/comments/7zkwbv/our_last_ama_was_so_much_fun_we_want_to_do/
Rolf Versluis is co-founder and Chief Engineer of the privacy oriented cryptocurrency ZenCash. Rolf is an experienced data network security professional with over a decade of experience designing, installing, and troubleshooting systems as the CTO of the company he founded in the IT industry.
In the cryptocurrency industry, in addition to his work at ZenCash, Rolf operates multiple private Bitcoin and Altcoin mining facilities with over 450 operational systems, and hosts both a blog and YouTube channel providing instruction and assistance to cryptocurrency miners worldwide at blockoperations.com.
For both ZenCash and mining, Rolf uses his electrical, nuclear, and data network engineering background as well as his management and leadership experience from his previous experience running his 60 person company and as a US Navy submarine officer operating out of Hawaii for four years.
####### End of Speaker Bio #######
What I do:
Own and operate mid-size Bitcoin and Altcoin mining facilities in Alpharetta, Georgia, USA.
Co-founder and manager of ZenCash, a cryptocurrency that enables public, private, and anonymous transactions, messaging, and publishing for people worldwide on a secure and reliable blockchain using bitcoin and private zk-snark technology.
- I’ve got some background that’s helpful for running a mining operation, and for helping to manage a worldwide team of contributors:
- Started and led a 60 employee Information Technology sales and services organization. Focused on data networking, security, and VoIP systems. The business was named Adcap Network Systems, Inc.
- Led the technical upgrade designs and deployments at 50-5000 user organizations for
- Data networking – wired and wireless
- Network Security
- PBX replacements with Cisco Voice over IP phone systems.
- Server and storage systems
- After 14 years building company, sold the IT business to a larger company.
- Before that, worked for Cisco Systems, worked in semiconductor industry.
- Four years experience as a US Navy Officer on a fast attack submarine based in Hawaii
Formal Education and Certifications:
- Electrical Engineering degree from United States Naval Academy.
- Post-graduate Nuclear Engineering Training in the classified US Navy Nuclear Program.
- Previously qualified to be Chief Engineer of US Navy nuclear propulsion plant.
- Cisco Certifications – CCDP, CCNP Route/Switch, CCNP Collaboration
- Check out my videos here: Block Operations YouTube Channel
- Blog about business experience called Priority Queue
- I have some business experience – connect with me on LinkedIn.
This is me on top of the submarine. It was a while ago.
This is the submarine I was on, the USS Cavalla – SSN-684