Speaker Bio for Conferences and Interviews:
Rolf Versluis is Co-Founder and Executive Advisor of the privacy enabled sidechain platform cryptocurrency Horizen. He also operates private cryptocurrency mining facilities with thousands of operational systems, and has a blog and YouTube channel on how to mine profitably.
He uses his engineering and leadership skills gained from the US Naval Academy in Annapolis and as a US Navy nuclear submarine officer operating out of Hawaii. After 5 years of military service, Rolf worked in the semiconductor industry then Cisco Systems. He also founded, operated for 14 years, then sold a 60 person Information Technology company in Atlanta.
As a board member of Zen Blockchain Foundation, Rolf is at the forefront of cryptocurrency development and operations. A founder of North Georgia Crypto Mining, he has the opportunity to work as an operator and technical consultant in the Bitcoin and crypto mining space.
####### End of Speaker Bio #######
What I do:
Own and operate mid-size Bitcoin and crypto mining facilities in Georgia, USA since 2016. Crypto mining consultant.
Co-founder and Executive Advisor of Horizen, a public blockchain which is a platform for sidechains using Bitcoin and zero knowledge proof technology.
- Began mining Bitcoin in 2015, scaled up operations. Designed, built, and operate 1.5 MW of private Bitcoin and crypto mining datacenters.
- Co-founded successful cryptocurrency Horizen, a top-100 platform for decentralized applications with privacy, performance, and resilience.
- Started and led a 60 employee Information Technology sales and services organization. Focused on data networking, security, and VoIP systems. The business was named Adcap Network Systems, Inc.
- Led the technical upgrade designs and deployments at 50-5000 user organizations for
- Data networking – wired and wireless
- Network Security
- PBX replacements with Cisco Voice over IP phone systems.
- Server and storage systems
- After 14 years building company, sold the IT business to a larger company.
- Before that, worked for Cisco Systems, worked in semiconductor industry.
- Four years experience as a US Navy Officer on a fast attack submarine based in Hawaii
Formal Education and Certifications:
- Electrical Engineering degree from United States Naval Academy.
- Post-graduate Nuclear Engineering Training in the classified US Navy Nuclear Program.
- Previously qualified to be Chief Engineer of US Navy nuclear propulsion plant.
- Cisco Certifications – CCDP, CCNP Route/Switch, CCNP Collaboration
- Check out my videos here: Block Operations YouTube Channel
- Blog about business experience called Priority Queue
- I have some business experience – connect with me on LinkedIn.
- Here’s an old video on SIP trunking. Here is another on Cisco VoIP Phone Systems.
This is me on top of the submarine. It was a while ago.
This is the submarine I was on, the USS Cavalla – SSN-684
The purpose of Block Operations is to
- Operate cryptocurrency mining facilities profitably and reliably
- Develop and refine systems for cryptocurrency mining at scale
- Share what we learn with the cryptocurrency mining community
Affiliate link disclosure:
Some of the links in the blogs on this site link to products sold by companies that offer a commission. If you buy those products, Block Operations may earn a commission on the sale. This does not change the price of the products.
I only recommend products that I know to be a good value, from reputable companies, through authorized sales channels.